Saturday, March 21, 2015

365 days, From 3 to 4

Even though it doesn't seem possible, Miss S will be 4 on Monday. Tomorrow we will be celebrating her birthday with family and friends at our home.

The contrast of Arizona to Minnesota is striking with events like tomorrow.

Last year, we had her party outside at a park with her first friend, first sitter, my sister's family, my sister's in-laws, and my parents.

It was 84 degrees. I was wearing a tank top and skirt.

Tomorrow the high is supposed to 36 degrees with a 100% chance of snow.

Which is perfect for a Frozen themed party.

84 degrees/sunshine vs 36 degrees/snow
We'll be celebrating with Karl's brother, sister-in-law, and cousins along with some of the first people that I "met" when I was a baby.

Karl and I often compare the span of our lives to that of Miss S and Mr. C. It makes sense why time sometimes seems to move so slowly when you are little versus as an adult. A month in the scheme of an adult lifetime isn't nearly as monumental as a month in the life of an almost 4 year old.

Over the last month alone, Miss S became officially potty trained (and has graduated from pull ups to underpants at night), had her early childhood screening, graduated to Pre K at preschool, used an outhouse for the first time, and enjoys eating spinach salads with dinner.

Since I never had the time last spring to blog about her 3rd birthday party, I decided that looking through those pictures might help time to slow down a little bit so that I can savor the last few days of  her being 3.

Or, at least it might help me to pretend that time isn't slipping by so quickly.

So here's a peek at what her 3rd birthday was like, in the Arizona heat where we often would have a 90 degree day before the end of the month...unlike here, where the kiddos are tucked into bed in their fleece jammies, and snowman building might be part of her birthday festivities.


Happy almost 4th birthday, our sweet, sweet girl.

No comments :

Post a Comment