Saturday, July 5, 2014

Two Months from Now

As much as I really, really, really work to live in the now (mindfulness...not dwelling on the past or worrying about the future), I'll be honest. I'm a worrier/dreamer about the future. This future is a new future. In a new state. Searching for the first house that I will have ever owned. It's exciting and frightening all wrapped into one.
****

I will have:
a Minnesota driver's license, address, license plate

a new job

driven over 1800 miles with 2 children, 2 geriatric cats, 1 black lab, and 4 adults in a caravan of
a SportWagen & Penske truck hauling a Jetta

I will be:
experiencing a temperate fall for the first time in 8 years

on the cusp of entering the coldest and snowiest winter I've ever experienced (& introducing my kiddos to snow for the first time!)

house-hunting

glove, scarf, boot, and winter coat searching

driving around the Twin Cities etching its map into my brain's atlas

missing my sister & her family as well as Arizona friends

thankful that we made it safely to our "in-between" home

****
In all of it - the now & the future (because the past has already been lived) - my goal is to be thankful and realize the importance of each moment, from then to now, and how this path is exactly where I'm supposed to be.

No comments :

Post a Comment