Sunday, May 17, 2015

7 Years

The first anniversary we stayed at the Valley Ho after a dinner at Lon’s at The Hermosa.

For our 3rd anniversary (and 1st as parents), we went to the Havana Café while Tom and Debb watched our almost 1 month old (and we never have lived down the stories of her crying the entire time we were out).

On our 5th anniversary, we had a less than 2 week-old baby and a 2 year old. I’m pretty sure we celebrated at home.

The seventh year we celebrated a day early with your extended family at an Italian family restaurant that was kid friendly. It was a lovely evening.

Today, our actual 7th anniversary, has been low key. I’ve been having fun with allergies/a cold over the last few days, so I was treated to sleeping in (for the 2nd day in a row). We unpacked boxes in the basement, you sorted laundry, I folded laundry, and then we had leftover burgers and brats for dinner.

It sounds so unromantic, but I don’t need every anniversary to be romantic. To be able to celebrate with you in our normalcy, that’s enough for me. I know that we’ll celebrate a dinner out next month when your brother and sister-in-law watch the kiddos, and that will be fun. But, the days in and days out of everydayness, of laundry sorting and folding, of getting the kiddos ready for bed together, of sitting on the couch with my legs on your lap while you watch golf, this daily love is what I cherish.

The kiddos went to bed early tonight.  The other day we found a can of guavas (we checked just by chance, not expecting to find them, considering you drove over 45 minutes to find them when we lived in Phoenix) at the local grocery store (a treat of ours since we discovered them on our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta) and are planning to enjoy those while we watch a long overdue Walking Dead. These moments are the ones I cherish. Time spent in togetherness.

Happy Anniversary, my love.


No comments :

Post a Comment