Saturday, May 9, 2015

To My Second Born, Happy Birthday Bubs

Late in the evening on Wednesday, I downloaded the Time Hop app with the intention of posting a photo from your actual birth day, but I was exhausted, flopped onto our bed in my clothes, and fell asleep that way. Daddy and I worked that day and then started barbequing drumsticks (one of your favorite foods) later than ideal. Your party (celebrated with Grandma J, Grandpa A, mama, daddy, and Sisi…your name for your sister) ran later into the evening, and we were all exhausted. So much so that you and Sisi slept in the next morning until after 9. (And mama might have overslept her alarm and gotten ready in record time).

Your Actual Birthday, with Ice Cream and Candles. You Guard your Ice Cream Fiercely.



We celebrated your birthday on Sunday with family and had a fun day complete with a hailstorm. You did a great job of blowing out your candles on your coconut ice cream cake (since you don’t really like cake or cupcakes). 





Mama had fun making the cake and was so happy with how it turned out (and it was delicious!). You got a lot of fun presents, and you and Sisi have been having fun playing with them ever since.





You are my bubs. My blue eyed baby boy who is ridiculously patient in the mornings waiting in your crib for mama or daddy to swoop you up into our arms. I know the day is probably just around the corner, but you haven’t yet tried climbing out of your crib. You are my thumb sucker (just like mama was), and you love your BeBe (your name for your blanket), trains, and books. You give the best kisses and love bath time (so much that you might even be known to lay in the bathtub after the water has drained because you don’t want to get out).

I am so thankful for you and all the joy that you give me. I love you, my sweet boy. I hope you’ll always realize how much I love you.

Happy (belated) 2nd birthday, Mr. C.


4 comments :